Monday, March 9, 2009

YOUNG WRITERS - JUNIOR’S CORNER - MUSIC HEALS BY SARAH ADIBA


Sarah Adiba
EMAIL: lollipop-punk127@yahoo.co.uk

For every human, there is a passion. The passion that rises from any soul, a young one or old one. It keeps them moving with doing those unique things that they like. I for one, share a general interest that maybe eight percent of teenagers in this century have, the craving or passion for ____ music.

Fiction or non-fictionally, music has the power to heal even the most broken or torn soul. This particular beautiful interest which I must say is so far the most wonderful passion I have ever felt for anything in particular ever since, I first heard and knew of the thing called “songs”. Eventually after that, music became my best friend. My medicine throughout any situation. The best thing is something that I have - the talent such as singing, writing or even listening to music.

Throughout these high school years of my life, this passion of mine has kept me alive and here I am, breathing and feeling alive once again. Doubtlessly, music has become a part of my soul, the healing side of it that one cannot deny the power which grows stronger within. Like the heat of summer sunshine throughout an ice age, a small part of me could feel and live in this harsh reality called “life” with confidence and compete for triumph with dignity.

A general interest could also turn into something you cannot live without, something to pass those meaningless spaces filling up in your life and mine, a thing that leaves everyone satisfied with no matter who they are or what they do after a busy week or simply relaxing a complicated mind. My interest for music however has grown into an addiction like a drug, used for healing any scar or burn shattering the peace in my little heart.

There was a time that happened to trigger a loose wire in my head. A horrible incident, leaving me lifeless and I lost all my hopes of taking another breath. It was because of a drug case, involving jail and many police which happened to jeopardize my future and the ... Rest of my remaining life. The case, where innocence was tested and guilt lingered halfway up in the air. I was confused and lost. At that moment the only trusted companion I had was my loyal music. Indescribable what music means to me, how much feeling it could stir up in me with hearing its presence. My soul would be kept alive and finally, I felt like I could live again.

Music has the unique power able to uphold beautiful secrets that can be transpired in the form of music. When you feel depressed, sad or going through excruciating pain, music can sooth these feelings through expression in the form of lyrics that can convey messages of hope and can be very meaningful to you.

Music is my healer and it will accompany me as something I can live for the rest of my life.

Music is the food of love
Music heals
Music comforts

No comments:

Post a Comment