Monday, March 9, 2009

LOCAL SHARING - BOOK REVIEW BY MOLLY SIM


PARTICIPANT PERSONAL PROFILE
Molly Sim
HP: 013-8390468
mollyellen2003@yahoo.co.uk
BOOK REVIEW – “Book” yet to be written by Molly

Today, I do not share a book, but I shared my reading habits. I must admit that I have not read a complete book for quite a long time. But I am a bookworm and an addict for knowledge via reading.

Today, I did not have a book to share. I have read books ranging from parenting, childrens’ upbringing, management, self development, keep fit, beauty and others which I cannot mentioned. My choice of books and articles depends very much on my interest and my needs at these snapshots in time. Also, I read articles and books shared at social gatherings and reading circles. Simply, I am just a book worm.

Books, Books, Books are very much a part of my life. I have owned more books than clothes in my wardrobe. If I have to make a choice between a book of my interest and a dress usually, I get the book. My husband has his own collection. My four children have their own collections, so much so that we are out of book shelves constantly and it is a hard decision to select whose and which books to donate to someone. Apart from books, we also have comics such as Archie, Veronica, Betty sounds familiar. We have a big collection of this. Why I read “Archie” is in fact it is a very down to earth comics covering the environment, the handicaps and the reading is good fun. Reggie, Vain and Egoistic, Jug head, the eater etc. I had good fun when telling my girls if they are a Reggie or a Juggie head when they have their vain behaviors. Instead of getting angry, they laughed and learned if I asked who wants to be Reggie or Veronica or Betty, they know who the good and popular characters are so hopefully they will emulate them.

I cannot imagine a life without books or reading material. I remember still very clearly on my one trip that I forgot to bring a book. While at the hotel, I could not sleep. I arrived late so the hotel drugstore was closed; this hotel had no reading materials. The only pamphlet they had was the card about the fire escape route stuck on the door, so for the first time, I really read and studied the card well. This lesson I never forgot and I always pack a book first in my luggage before my underwear.

Basically, what I want to say here is reading habits can be addictive and this is a good addiction. I begin reading from a very young age because there was no television or Internet. Up to now, I seldom watch the box. The benefits I got from this good habit are: I have improved my English, I learnt styles of writing and also I became knowledgeable in a lot of subjects. I am never without a pen and a note book while attending talks or meetings.

So I always tell myself that I should write a book now.
(557 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment