Monday, March 9, 2009

SOSWE'S NEWSLETTER ISSUE 56/2008 - APRIL - JUNE 2008


EDITORIAL

Time is moving fast and we are now entering the middle of year. Most of us often like to say we are very busy, no time. We have 24 hours a day, it depends on how we manage the 24 hours . For the working class, it is practically a compulsory fixed routine for them from 8 am to 5 pm. The housewives also have tasks such as responsibility to send the children to school, prepare their meals, washing clothes and cleaning the house. The children are busy from 8 am to1 pm and then have tuition class or school activities in the afternoon. So, how are we going to manage our time ? It is all very simple by setting your own priorities and getting to have a time to yourself. I thought being a “retiree” was a life of freedom and yet many also say, they are busy.

TIME

I want to share a bit on TIME MANAGEMENT after my experience with my late brother and the last 48 hours with him. I only got to know my brother and realized that there were so many things and secrets my brother shared with me. I remembered clearly what he said to me, “Sis, time is what I don’t have. Please spend time with your family because this I have failed to do and my family does not know me and it’s too late.” He passed away on 25th May, 2008.

“ TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN!”
- Quoted -

HAPPENINGS

The end of March and beginning of April brings in the season of “bubok” (little shrimps) you can find in the open seas. Between May and June, the weather will be hot at least between 32 to 36 degrees and yet with the unforeseen change of weather, we also see some showers of rain. June will be an exciting month among the Bidayuh and Iban communities as they get ready to celebrate their annual festival, “GAWAI”.

The 2nd Quarter , writers enlightened us with interest in different fields :-

 LOCAL INTEREST - Cultural issues on Death by Jennie Soh
 LOCAL SHARING - Experiencing Lutong Landas and Flood in the 1980/1981 by Florence Enau
 MEMBER’S CONTRIBUTION - Health Tips for Healthy Travelers by Dr. Loh Yunn Hua
 SENIOR SECTION – My Teacher – Pain by Phoebe Asong Baian
 JUNIOR SECTION – A Quest by Constance Pau Chiong Jin (11 years old)



Wishing every one a HAPPY GAWAI and have a nice day!

“What you get is a living; what you give is a life.”

EDITOR

No comments:

Post a Comment